The Road to the RED DOT: WHY TED?

July 1st, 2024

 

The pandemic of 2020 demonstrated that we at the clinic were so much better at managing our mental health and focus as well as the ability to create a sanctuary of safety for our community. After the devastation passed I looked around at the global detritus and suffering and felt that what we had done needed to be taken to a wider platform. More people needed to hear the message of empowerment and so I decided to write a book. The Reapers Dance: 1000 Days of COVID was written in 60 days and published on Amazon and then I started taking the message to podcast platforms. People, I felt needed to hear the idea of how focus on their immediate reality was capable of shifting the narratives that formed their lived reality. Then in Jan 2024 I decided to apply to take my message to the TED stage.

And so, began my road to the Red Dot. What is TED and why is it a big deal? TED stands for Theater-Entertainment-Design and was started in the 1970’s by a visionary journalist, Christopher Anderson who wanted to create a forum for the showcasing and transmission of transformative ideas. He called TED a place for the exchange of “Ideas Worth Sharing”. TED has now grown into an idea platform of immense proportions with a viewership of over 3 billion views per year. If you consider that there are only about 3500 TED talks available for viewing, you will understand that this means that the average TED talk is viewed just shy of 900,000 times per year. This single statistic alone makes coming on the TED platform the single greatest opportunity to take your message out to the whole world. If you add the facts that a) Every TED talk is among the best learning and idea content available in today's culture and; b) TED speakers are among the world's best speakers, then it follows that stepping onto a TED stage anywhere in the world immediately achieves four goals.

1)     Establishes you as one of the world's best communicators

2)     Establishes your credibility in delivering your content at the highest level

3)     Establishes your content as an Idea Worth Sharing

4)     Establishes the widest possible audience for your idea ever available

 

My journey to this point began on Thanksgiving of 2022. I saw that we at The Iyer Clinic had been extraordinarily successful in keeping our community safe and functional during the pandemic. Looking around I saw the needless devastation all around and it became obvious to me that this need not have been so. For 41 years I have been counseling, educating and transforming people in how they experience and manifest their lives on a one-to-one basis. I realized that I needed to take my messages of transformative living to a one-to-many platform. The first step was to write a book about our journey through COVID. “The Reaper’s Dance: 1000 Days of COVID” was written in 60 days and debuted on Amazon on June 16, 2023

https://www.amazon.com/Reapers-Dance-1000-Days-COVID-ebook/dp/B0C6S5J2GH

I then began taking my message of finding your grounding narrative and learning to stand in the eye of the storm on podcast shows as a guest. Fifty podcasts later I started taking my idea and message to the TED stage.

We human beings live our lives within language. We know ourselves and the world through our conversations. These conversations are our reality. They determine the possibilities available to us. The conversation during the era of Christopher Columbus was that the world is flat. And flat it was. Thereby determining the way the entire Western world conducted its naval and trade operations. For far too long has the conversations around us been ones of limited possibilities and disempowerment. We believe we can only live the life that comes to us. We live as if cannot influence how life manifests for us and therefore we can only live as consumers of life, not as its creators. Well at The Iyer Clinic, we hacked that code and showed our patients and our communities how to create their lives for themselves during a global apocalypse! What we showed to our patients and our community one to one over these past 30 years is now ready for being hosted to a global audience

Follow me here on my Road to the Red DOT as I take that message onto the world's greatest stage and chronicle each step of my way forward in this weekly blog/vlog of my journey to shift the conversation of the world.

Hit Subscribe, Like & Share this message to those in your family and friends who you would like to hear this message

Ravi Iyer, MD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog